Thursday, June 24, 2010

Things I Love

Thing I Love 1


I decided I wanted to post images of things I love in my life today. Focusing on my gratitudes and giving me more appreciation for them. I had to start photographing these things to bring them here. It can be difficult to shoot ideas, not just visuals, but of course I do have the text option too.


So I started with my house. My beautiful sun-filled house (correction apartment). My head: I wish I had this, I wish I had that,... including a garden... but then I look around and I saw MY beautiful garden that I do have- flowers and all- how wonderful!

Earlier this week, my family took a trip upstate for the weekend. We did our first camping trip with our son. It was great! We all loved it. Some of the most magical things, for me personally, I will post here- the family magic, I will post later.



Thing I Love 2

Absolutely nothing compares to the feel of a cool summer breeze on your skin. I love walking in the wild grasses and flowers that grow. This is a peaceful, gorgeous location we often visit in South Kortright, just on the outer edge of the swimmy Catskills. It feels wider and more open in this region. I got out and smelled an amazing aroma. I couldn't distinguish the scent until I found a small patch where the grass and plants were kind of stunted... I looked down and noticed that it was thyme growing wildly. Couldn't get more magical than that moment all my senses filled.


Thing I Love 3---I wish you could scratch and sniff this thyme and place.



Thing I Love 4
I don't even have a photograph to even describe this next thing. It was just sensation and memory long forgotten... We went to this large field in the town of Phoenicia. It was a field surrounded by hills and trees and houses. We went there looking for a trail to hike with our 3 year old son. The field was considered the public park of the town and there was, of course a playground - slide, climbing web, see-saw and swings. I decided to go on the swing. I began swinging higher and higher looking up at the trees feeling the cool air rush over me on this very hot summer day. It was glorious! I just kept pumping higher and higher with my head back, like I was flying to heaven. And I was! Memories of being a young child experiencing this exactly flooded me, filled me. Frankly, I couldn't have asked for a more amazing moment to remember, to light up my every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment