Thursday, September 30, 2010

What castle did I build today?



Without new pictures readily available, I am submitting old images of castles we built, with lots of parking spaces. These are of great importance anything built with my son- roads and parking spaces. 

We no longer have this busy and awkward rug in our living room/playroom. This rug served well to appease a cranky downstairs neighbor, who has since moved (whew!). We still try to be conscious, almost too conscientious, of any noise made upon the floor and give too much restriction to full play. How I wish we had a yard, house, no downstairs neighbors.  but that wish is getting boring to discuss.... poop or get off the pot! 

What I am really discussing here is the issue of Parenting- giving attention and conscientiousness to the words, messages, interactions, influences and activities shared with my child. This is a tall, tall, tall order and with such delicacy and trigger points. I have lots of thoughts and feelings about this and much to say as I am practicing everyday how to do a better job of communicating, sharing, loving raising, disciplining and being present for my son and his father too. What castles can we build today?

No time now, I will talk in depth later. 

3 comments: