Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The gravity of creating

I sit here, late, trying to edit and perfect my title picture. Reveal, not reveal. Just like many things, none of it is going to be as I imagine- sometimes better sometime not, yet that all has to do with looking from the outside in rather than looking from my center out. That is where I'd rather be and to view from.

Not being a writer, but a visual artist, it is awkward to be speaking to an audience and tip-toeing around my truth, my identity, my life and yet revealing all the same. Using only words.

A dear friend who has helped me immensely,  one of the most delicious writers  (and visual artists) I have ever met sits on my shoulder and encourages me. She believes in me in ways I don't even see. She supports me with words and books. I owe it to her, and to another inspiring friend in D.C., that I am continuing on this path of blog sharing. Naked without my pictures.

I have journeyed into alot of art making and real creativity this past week. I taught a lot of classes to children which was exciting and refreshing. Plus in the class I am taking, I have a studio practice too. I just finished making a wonderful puppet of a "beloved ancestor". I chose my mother, Marie who lives up in the stars. It gives me a sense of gravity I have forgotten I need to hold me up, just to make things and to be working with the materials. I am loving this gravity!

My baby calls me. It is late, he feels cold and wants the comfort and warmth of his mother. I'll show some visuals soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment