Thursday, October 21, 2010

A wave over my head



Jamaica Wildlife Refuge


How frightening it feels to start writing again. It has been almost 2 weeks since I posted and 3 weeks since I really opened my fingers.

Tonight the moon is almost full, 25 hours away. and I've been full. Time moving so quickly. I've so busy looking, planning, figuring it all, the future, the whole package- life and everything in and around it. Trying to squeeze it all in and make it all fit and hope all the rest works out the way I want it to.  Don't I know by now, I can't do that. None of that. The best I can do is just keep moving slowly with the waves, not trying to squeeze it in. Staying connected to what is around me, at each moment. Today it broke, a wave over my head perhaps. It caught me, turned me and it reminded me that I have to not just have the right intensions but stay linked to this peace inside me. Until last evening, for the past week or even two, I'd forgotten to be quiet and to stop and to get replenished. 


Last night, I stopped on my way home at this little quiet meditation space right in the middle of the city. And the buildings are tall and surround this place yet it has such a safe and warm feeling (even though it is outdoors). And there I got quiet and re-connected. I didn't feel the fullness of that replenishment until this morning, when I stopped, again, just for a moment to be grateful for all I have.

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to slow down and make peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The best I can do is just keep moving slowly with the waves, not trying to squeeze it in. Staying connected to what is around me, at each moment."

    absolutely.

    ReplyDelete