Sunday, October 3, 2010

More about Peace

Here's our nature mobile
made at home from collected finds in Wainscott & Govenors Island
















This mobile hangs in our kitchen and you can see our rooftop view. I love this quiet city view, filled with light and no people. This room gives me peace. I have my garden in this room. I just spent yesterday bringing each of my plants to the bathtub and giving them a long shower. I imagine that indoor plants long for the rain of outdoors that they see in the window. When it's a gray and rainy day I try to water my plants, thinking that they are wondering why they are not getting the liquid and feeling thirsty.

Dragonfly wing
I am truly grateful for this home we have. It came as a result of some vision work I began with intention, in 2004. This is the first real home I felt I have ever had- believe me I've lived in hundreds of places, squatted, slept, stayed, been transported. And in my real adult live, I've had few and tried to create a home. This place is the closest I ever come to it. In fact, I knew, shortly after we moved here, from a dark studio apartment we shared and had crammed with creatively stored stuff. I knew this was our home. We painted the walls fun colors and designed how we would place the furniture for optimal view of the city skyline and rooftops we viewed.  

but mostly it is the way the light comes in and the wind blows through. Facing west, we have an incredible sunset each night- almost, but not quite, as enchanted as the New Mexico sunset. The energy moves through this apartment with the breeze. I am sure that it is the way the energy moves through this place that I got pregnant and carried my child for 8 months, until he graced our lives with his flesh in March 2007. 

He too was a vision, I worked hard for years before, to clear my body and my spirit for him. but it was this perfect environment of peace, light and the movement of energy, in this stifling, crowded city that made it possible for him to come to us from the stars. (that is where he says he came from).

A glorious peacock feather on top
found at the
bronx Zoo 
 (you cant see the silvery
and turquios metalic colors in this photo)
Todd Parr has this great book called The Peace book. I love to read it with my son. I love how, in this book, everything wonderful, different, fun, everything loved, or loving is peace. In much the same way I found this piece together peace project on www.threadinglight.com.  On this website, created by 2 women, they are sharing an opportunity to participate with:
a team of peace walkers ...to promote peace in a movement called the 13 Moon Walk 4 Peace. They will be walking through 42 cities to heal the heart of America and transform the way we relate to each other and to Mother Earth.
So they suggest:
At the beginning of every month blog about your intention for being peace. Make a commitment to change some aspect of your life that will bring more peace to you and the beings around you. Think of something you can easily change today.
I made my intention for peace, on Friday Oct 1 and I'll keep you posted throughout the month about my personal peace progress.

3 comments:

  1. i miss apartment living, thanks for the special details shared

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there,

    i adore your window. and a dragonfly wing! magical.

    ReplyDelete