Monday, March 28, 2011

Talking to Strangers

What a strange world we live in today. Yesterday, I read a message from Mark Zuckerberg, facebook founder, discussing this strange "talking to strangers", revealing too much, a new era, blah-biddidy blah blah. No new news there but just a new perspective I have today. I say this as I post, talking to the waves, to friends, to strangers.

I am sitting here having very real thoughts and feelings. Lost. Where do I go with them? Journal, perhaps. Call a friend. Who do I call? What can I do to distract myself. All those thoughts. Then I think oh yea I'll blog. How odd that I have that thought, that that is the solution, the place to go. I think of myself as trying to live mindfully. Being authentic. Sensitive to things that are real. And I take this path of refuge.

There is the How of it.

I am sad. Really sad. I miss my friend. I feel like there is a big hole in the room, in the space. Everyone is carefully walking around it so they don't fall in. Some are staring at me with wondering or fearful eyes. Some are pretending it is not here at all. And there are those who notice the hole but don't know that it is a permanent hole.An then those who don't care.

There is the The of it.

It happened. It can't be undone. It is. No matter what, things will and do move on and around and through this. That is all. Everyone will be fine in the end. In fact everyone is fine now. Though it is really unexpected. Really tragic. Sad.

There is the Hell of it.

I can just have my feelings. Not know what to do with them. Post them on my blog (never on fb!). Talk to strangers. And continue to wonder How The Hell did this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment