Friday, August 6, 2010

Moving Water



A long time has past since I last posted. I've really been waiting until I have more time, but it is just not coming. I am fuller and busier than ever. Though this heat has been awful for weeks and weeks, with only short periods of cooling, many things have past through me and still are.

Like sadness- we lost our cat Charlie at 16 years old. I cared for him like a new born, after he took a sudden and drastic turn in this awful heat. I waited until he told me he was really ready to go back to the stars he had come from.

That is what my boy said.

Though things seem to stand still in August, Ive been in a state of anxiousness. The stickiness plays a great role in my tendency for irritation, and teaching a class of 20 teenagers and all their dramas. Plus new family challenges- like my son having to visit the emergency room and have a staple put in his head and then the even more difficult experience of having it removed.

The great thing is that I have been able to be present to all those things and that makes it really fuller and better even though I dont know how the time goes so fast.

We went up the Hudson river last weekend to install some work in an art exhibition. I will post a few pictures of some of the amazing views from the building both my husband and my work is in. The opening reception is tonight. More will come later.









This is my work, titled Peace Scrolls, painted in 2005 for an exhibition in Hiroshima, Japan during the 60th anniversary of the Hiroshima bomb.

1 comment:

  1. you should post the dates of the show, the venue and the address.

    ReplyDelete